The promise of digital transformation within health and care has raised hopes and expectations.
Patients are expecting access to their health data – anytime, anyplace - trying to become more involved and empowered managing their health conditions. Facing challenges of time and complexity, healthcare professionals require timely access to accurate and relevant data. Making more health data available for research and innovation can drive new insights and technologies that lead to better care and health outcomes.
The ability to access and share health data is unfortunately being hampered by interoperability issues. Some initiatives have been taken in the past, but uptake has been slow.
During today’s event we will bring together a range of key experts and stakeholders to discuss how we can turn interoperability from a barrier into a key enabler for better healthcare. Making better use of health data today will help us to build the healthcare of tomorrow.
• Learn about the essential role of interoperability as an enabler for provision of care and research
• Build networks of dialogue and cooperation to increase the awareness and uptake of interoperability in digital health solutions
14:00 - 14:05 WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION Danny Van Roijen, Digital Health Director, COCIR
14:05 – 14:10 COCIR’S ACTIVITIES ON INTEROPERABILITY Andreas Klingler, COCIR EHR & Interoperability Focus Group chair and Siemens Healthineers
14:10 – 14:20 SETTING THE SCENE Verena Kaip & Candice Altmayer, Chair & Vice-Chair Committee for European Health Data Co-operation, European Health Parliament
14:20 – 15:10 PANEL 1 - OVERCOMING THE CURRENT BARRIERS OF INTEROPERABILITY
There has been a gradual implementation of cross-border exchange of electronic health records. How can we build upon the current initiative and what can we learn from the current experience to improve interoperability within Member States?
- What is the current roadmap for addressing current interoperability issues? Ron Roozendaal, eHealth Network co-chair
- Building the future for health data exchange – impressions from the X-eHealth project Diogo Martins, X-eHealth
- The role of IHE profiles in implementing interoperable solutions Karima Bourquard, IHE Europe (tbc)
- Addressing interoperability Nicky Hekster, COCIR Digital Health Committee Vice-Chair, and IBM
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
15:10 – 15:55 PANEL 2 – HOW INTEROPERABILITY CAN ENABLE BETTER CARE
The digital transformation of health and care is leading to an exponential growth of health data. How can we best capture the value of this data and ensure the accessibility and availability will lead to better care and health outcomes?
- Building the European Health Data Space Dr. Christian Fynbo Christiansen, Joint Action "Towards a European Health Data Space" (TEHDAS)
- Integrating mHealth solutions into health systems Belén Sotillos, European mHealth Hub
- Access to health data – the startup perspective Benedikt Blomeyer, Director for EU Policy, Allied for Startups
- The future of healthcare Steven Nichols, COCIR EHR & Interoperability Focus Group Vice-Chair, and GE Healthcare
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
15:55 - 16:00 CONCLUDING REMARKS